Habitat for Humanity South Georgian Bay is seeking enthusiastic, mature candidates for our Board of Directors who have skills and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Safety Management
- Fundraising/community engagement
- Real estate
- Human resources
- Marketing / social media / public relations
We are seeking people who:
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
- Are passionate about the affordable housing crisis in Canada and especially the impact on children
- Have a desire to give back to your community by taking an active role on a volunteer board
- have a basic knowledge of Board Governance
- Are Dynamic, open-minded, collaborative and supportive
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and trust
- Have strong relationship building skills
- Possess strong communication skills
- Live or work in the South Georgian Bay region
- Can commit to meetings (roughly 3 – 6 hours / month) for an initial 3 year term (minimum)
You are looking to:
- Support a volunteer-based organization by sharing your expertise and knowledge
- Use, build, and develop your leadership skills (e.g., fundraising, strategic thinking and planning, marketing, working collaboratively with the board and the executive director)
- Make an impact in people’s lives – building strength, self-reliance and stability through affordable homeownership.
Want to join us to continue
making a lasting transformative difference
in people’s lives?
Please submit your expression of interest*, with resume, by September 30, 2019 to:
Habitat for Humanity South Georgian Bay – board application
- Sandford Fleming Drive, Collingwood, ON L9Y 5A6
Questions or more info? Ph: 705-446-9542 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* An expression of interest is the first step in the selection process and is not considered a guarantee of acceptance for a volunteer board member opportunity.
Habitat BOD posting 2019-09-12
HFHSGB BOD Applicant Form