Habitat South Georgian Bay, is happy to announce the appointment of Robert Cikoja as interim Executive Director/CEO, effective immediately. Robert is the current CEO of Habitat for Humanity Huronia, and will assist with the ongoing transition, while managing day-to-day operations of Habitat for Humanity South Georgian Bay.
As ED/CEO of Habitat Huronia, Rob has significantly scaled up impact by building more homes for people in need of housing, redeveloping mortgage and funding models to better support building more, faster, and has overeen the growth of their Habitat ReStore, the proceeds of which fund the work we do to serve families in need of housing.
We thank former Executive Director, Joy Fleury, for her years of service to the organization, and wish her well in her future endeavors.
We are tremendously grateful for the dedication of our staff, volunteers and community supporters, without whom this vital work would not be possible. While we recognize that decisions to restructure may be difficult for some staff and volunteers, our Board of Directors is confident these decisions are necessary to ensure the sustainability of Habitat South Georgian Bay, so that we may continue to serve our community for years to come.
Our primary objective at Habitat South Georgian Bay has always been, and continues to be, providing safe and affordable housing to families living with low income. We’ve done so for the past 21 years and the need for affordable housing is greater today than ever before. Plans are well underway for our 18th home in the region with expected completion mid-2024, and we welcome everyone’s contribution to make that happen.
We are looking for talented and dedicated people to help with our ReStore efforts. Please take a look at the job postings page
and good luck to all of our candidates!
(Tuesday, March 17, 2020/5:00PM EST)—
With ever changing developments regarding COVID-19, we’d like to provide our supporters, volunteers, shoppers, donors and stakeholders with an update regarding our current action and response to COVID-19 (“novel coronavirus”).
After careful deliberation and consideration, Habitat for Humanity South Georgian Bay made the decision to close the Collingwood ReStore and the Habitat office to the public for now.
The health, safety and well-being of our staff, customers, volunteers, supporters and homeowners is Habitat South Georgian Bay’s top priority.
To reach us, please contact Joy Fleury, Executive Director, at Joy@habitatgeorgianbay.ca
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates, as needed. We will also continue to post updates to our social media accounts:
…and to our website.
Find local COVID-19 updates from the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit here
Stay well and look out for one another.
Habitat for Humanity South Georgian Bay is seeking enthusiastic, mature candidates for our Board of Directors who have skills and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Safety Management
- Fundraising/community engagement
- Real estate
- Human resources
- Marketing / social media / public relations
We are seeking people who:
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
- Are passionate about the affordable housing crisis in Canada and especially the impact on children
- Have a desire to give back to your community by taking an active role on a volunteer board
- have a basic knowledge of Board Governance
- Are Dynamic, open-minded, collaborative and supportive
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and trust
- Have strong relationship building skills
- Possess strong communication skills
- Live or work in the South Georgian Bay region
- Can commit to meetings (roughly 3 – 6 hours / month) for an initial 3 year term (minimum)
You are looking to:
- Support a volunteer-based organization by sharing your expertise and knowledge
- Use, build, and develop your leadership skills (e.g., fundraising, strategic thinking and planning, marketing, working collaboratively with the board and the executive director)
- Make an impact in people’s lives – building strength, self-reliance and stability through affordable homeownership.
Want to join us to continue
making a lasting transformative difference
in people’s lives?
Please submit your expression of interest*, with resume, to:
Habitat for Humanity South Georgian Bay – board application
- Sandford Fleming Drive, Collingwood, ON L9Y 5A6
Questions or more info? Ph: 705-446-9542 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* An expression of interest is the first step in the selection process and is not considered a guarantee of acceptance for a volunteer board member opportunity.
Habitat BOD posting 2019-09-12
HFHSGB BOD Applicant Form
Join us and HGTV Designer Tiffany Pratt for her “Tiff Talk” and book signing at Collingwood Home Hardware’s annual Ladies Night.
“A visual and creative feast for anyone who wants to imagine and build a more beautiful life. Stylist, designer, HGTV star and fairy godmother of glitter, Tiffany Pratt looks at the world as a blank canvas. With every choice she is presented or every decision she makes, she does it with one mantra in mind: that this — whatever “this” — is can be beautiful.” ~exerpt from This Can Be Beautiful
. Available for purchase and signing at the event.
Doors Open at 7:00 pm with Gift Bags for the first 100 Ladies.
- Prizes & Raffles
- Scratch & Save Tickets for event night only.
Donations will be accepted at the door in support of Habitat for Humanity South Georgian Bay.
The first 150 to register online will be entered to win our Early Bird prize of a Lug Bag.
The winner will be notified prior to the event and must be present at the event to accept the prize.
Check the Event on Facebook