How To Get Involved with Habitat for HumanityThank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Habitat for Humanity South Georgian Bay. Your experience is guaranteed to last a lifetime! Volunteering with us is a great way to give back to your community while meeting new people, learning new skills and most importantly, having fun! In order to achieve our mission, we depend on volunteers to donate their time and skills. This support helps to build a better tomorrow for deserving families while breaking the cycle of poverty for generations to come. The following are just some of the areas in which you can help:
- Helping out in our ReStore
- Working on our Build Sites
- Helping with food and refreshments for our Build Volunteers
- Serving on a Committee – fundraising? golf?
- Working in our Office or on social media & communications
Help Build Our Next Habitat South Georgian Bay HomeBuild volunteers help carry out various construction tasks at the build site, under the guidance of skilled professionals. Construction knowledge is an asset – but not essential – as are CPR and First Aid Certification. If you are at least 18 years of age (16-18 with parental consent), able to lift 30 pounds (about 14 kilograms) or more, and are able to use basic tools, such as hammers, screw drivers, and pry bars, please consider coming out to help us. Whether it’s for a few hours, a day, or several days, any amount of time you can provide will be helpful and sincerely appreciated by our building teams.
We’re using SignUp.com to organize our Volunteer Build Shifts.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/go/rTeUMqY 2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like. 3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com. (SignUp.com does not share your e-mail address with anyone.)If you are a skilled trades person, please consider becoming a Team Lead for all or part of the project. *** Please note that in order to continue to build, we are always in search of buildable land in our area – if you are aware of a building lot that someone may be willing to donate, please call our office at 705-446-9542.***