(Tuesday, March 17, 2020/5:00PM EST)—With ever changing developments regarding COVID-19, we’d like to provide our supporters, volunteers, shoppers, donors and stakeholders with an update regarding our current action and response to COVID-19 (“novel coronavirus”).
After careful deliberation and consideration, Habitat for Humanity South Georgian Bay made the decision to close the Collingwood ReStore and the Habitat office to the public for now.
The health, safety and well-being of our staff, customers, volunteers, supporters and homeowners is Habitat South Georgian Bay’s top priority.
To reach us, please contact Joy Fleury, Executive Director, at Joy@habitatgeorgianbay.ca
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates, as needed. We will also continue to post updates to our social media accounts:
…and to our website.
Find local COVID-19 updates from the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit here.
Stay well and look out for one another.
Habitat for Humanity South Georgian Bay is seeking enthusiastic, mature candidates for our Board of Directors who have skills and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Safety Management
- Fundraising/community engagement
- Real estate
- Human resources
- Marketing / social media / public relations
- Are passionate about the affordable housing crisis in Canada and especially the impact on children
- Have a desire to give back to your community by taking an active role on a volunteer board
- have a basic knowledge of Board Governance
- Are Dynamic, open-minded, collaborative and supportive
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and trust
- Have strong relationship building skills
- Possess strong communication skills
- Live or work in the South Georgian Bay region
- Can commit to meetings (roughly 3 – 6 hours / month) for an initial 3 year term (minimum)
- Support a volunteer-based organization by sharing your expertise and knowledge
- Use, build, and develop your leadership skills (e.g., fundraising, strategic thinking and planning, marketing, working collaboratively with the board and the executive director)
- Make an impact in people’s lives – building strength, self-reliance and stability through affordable homeownership.
- Sandford Fleming Drive, Collingwood, ON L9Y 5A6
Join us and HGTV Designer Tiffany Pratt for her “Tiff Talk” and book signing at Collingwood Home Hardware’s annual Ladies Night. “A visual and creative feast for anyone who wants to imagine and build a more beautiful life. Stylist, designer, HGTV star and fairy godmother of glitter, Tiffany Pratt looks at the world as a blank canvas. With every choice she is presented or every decision she makes, she does it with one mantra in mind: that this — whatever “this” — is can be beautiful.” ~exerpt from This Can Be Beautiful. Available for purchase and signing at the event. Doors Open at 7:00 pm with Gift Bags for the first 100 Ladies.
- Prizes & Raffles
- Scratch & Save Tickets for event night only.
Our friends from Rotary Club of Wasaga Beach had a wonderful gift for our affiliate from their Corvette draw proceeds. They held a trade show format event for the charitable recipients to display their program information and show the good work that they do in the community. Shown (from left) are Terri Ewing, Cathie Hunt, Angela Piercey, Joy Fleury (Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity South Georgian Bay), Bryan Davies and Kevin de Groot. We’re thrilled and blessed to receive this generous donation – an investment in the lives of local families in need of safe, decent, affordable housing in our region.
Listen to Scott, Ruth, and Jeff discussing Habitat for Humanity.